Thursday, 17 December 2015

Unconsciously becoming a minimalist

I haven't blogged in a long time so who knows how this post is going to go. I just really felt the need/ desire/ urge to write. My house some how looks like a tornado has ripped through it and right now I really could not care less.

In the many (bloggless) months that have passed, a lot has been going on. I was back on the uni wagon for a few semesters. One year left of my degree. The sleepless nights. The confusing and desperate emails to lecturers and tutors when I have no idea what is going on. The many discussions, reports, essays, thesauruses and presentations. They will all be worth it. I'm sure I will miss university once it's all done and I am launched into the real world where I have to like work and like interact with other adults. For a veteran stay at home mum, that's more scary than it sounds.



Back to the title of this post, I started this year wanting things to be better. In December, are they?

A little.

After lots of time trying the figure out exactly what I wanted to change, I realised I wanted a more intentional life. I always went to bed feeling as though life had run me over and I just lay there and let it happen. I wanted a more present life where I didn't feel like I was just constantly yelling at my children and was actually enjoying my children. I started to declutter because our tiny apartment just felt stuffy. Decluttering became quite addictive quite quickly and I was easily filling multiple bags per week of things to donate, get rid of or sell. Financial things happened which changed my spending habits and I had to learn quickly how to be frugal and make do.

I had no idea that all these things combined would lead me to a some what minimalist life style.

If you could look at my Google search history it would read like this:

"tips for living in a small space"
"how to declutter quickly"
"how to declutter with kids"
"how to simplify your home/life"
"how to save money"
"how to make less trash"
"time management and simple living tips"
"living with a non-minimalist"

and other topics and questions of that nature.

All answers lead to minimalism. I posted about minimalism previously and by no means am I a minimalist, even today. I don't even think I will ever be a fully fledged minimalist. I just find it so interesting how I almost landed on this journey. Is the journey challenging? Yes. But I love a challenge. The biggest struggles for me are staying motivated and truly simplifying my life. With three kids I really don't know how simple things can get. I don't think minimalism is a destination though. I see it as an on going process. Many, many little steps.

Step 91,

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, these types of 10 brand new wrist watches within the rolex replica are protected within whitened expensive diamonds, dark expensive diamonds, rubies, sapphires, perhaps actually a good hublot replica green or even 2. Each is distinctive. As well as each one of these expenses precisely 1 zillion rolex replica sale. Alright, it is insane cash, however these types of wrist watches tend to be insane stunning! A minimum of I believe omega replica, however I believe I've a significant weak point with regards to Hublot and also to gleaming points. I am confident these cartier replica uk might appear absurd upon my personal arm, however perhaps this is the stage? You do not put on the replica watches sale if you are the diminishing violet they are declaration items within the brashest feeling. But, We rolex replica uk locate them unerringly stylish. There are many diamond-encrusted wrist watches available, as well as the majority is meretricious monstrosities. To tell the truth, the majority of rolex replica uk bejeweled result might perhaps sit down under which explanation very easily. However I believe these types of items possess a little more stability.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...