Friday, 20 March 2015

A letter to myself

Earlier this week, I came down with a stomach bug or food poisoning which made me realise that I was burnt out. I had been pushing myself harder than I needed to and my health was payng for it. Sometimes I just need to give myself a little reminder to slow down and take care of myself.




Hey. You! Sit down! You haven't sat down all day!


Now, understand that you give your best everyday and you can't give anymore than that.

The whole martyr thing is so overdone and unecessary. Ask for help when you need it, you are not weak or incompetent for doing so. 

Give yourself a break and stop being so hard on yourself. Stare at the wall and disconnect just for a few quiet moments.

It is not your job to do everything. It is your job to tech your children how to do things for themselves. Hubby has been slipping, remind him that he needs to pull his wait around here.

Your career and academic achievements will come in time, but they don't define who you are. They don't make you a better or worse person. You have achieved more than a lot of women your age, your achievements just can't be hung up on the wall for everyone to see, that's all.

You can do this. You can do anything. Put yourself back on your to do list! NOW!

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Step 75,


4 comments:

  1. Aw, this is beautiful! It's important to recognize ourselves sometimes. I had a stomach virus in the Fall that lasted almost four days. After I got better, I truly realized how much work I did around the house, since no one had done it while I was sick! Such little things. Sometimes we forget how important we are in the grand scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear 4 days! I was only out for 2 and it felt like I had fallen waaaay behind. Thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Well said, I think asking for help is the very hardest thing to do as a mum and it shouldn't be. It's not a failing to be aware that we need a break #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I don't know why I put so much on myself. i also worry about the example i am setting for my daughters. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...