Friday, 30 January 2015

The Prompt - Celebration

Before having children, celebration tended to happen on birthdays, job promotions, buying a house, public holidays, all the "typical" celebrations. After having children, I realised I celebrate far more.

Just yesterday we celebrated my almost 2 year old learning how to say half of one of her older sisters names. Yes just half of a name. Sha. She learnt how to say Sha. To someone else this isn't a blip on the radar but to our little family its huge because little baby A doesn't have a huge vocab and my middle child was feeling left out because baby A knew how to say mama and dada and even half of big big sisters name, just not middle childs name.



After children, you learn to celebrate the little things, and you quickly learn the little things are the big things. First smiles. First roll over. First crawl. First steps. First tooth. First words. First meals. First time using the toilet. First tooth lost. First time riding the bike with no training weels. School awards. It's all a celebration.

I guess my children have taught me to celebrate the everyday. To live a celebration. Life is far too short to wait for things to celebrate. Learn to celebrate the simple.



mumturnedmom

Step 23,

4 comments:

  1. Love this, and I couldn't agree more. It is amazing the lessons our children teach us, just by being there. We should all celebrate the little things more x Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sara, I love The Prompt!! It has reminded me how much I just enjoy writing. Make sure you celebrate today and now :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so true, children make you revalue life and the things that are truly important. My boy couldn't say his sisters name for ages, if gave her a nickname, so the day it was a real celebration! It's the little things which are important!
    #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the little celebrations that are the best xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...