Friday, 2 January 2015

Start by starting.

Let me welcome you to this space.

Thank you for stopping by. My name is Sarah.

2014 ended on quite a sombre note for me, with several relatives passing away within days of each other. Death really changes ones perspective on a lot of things. 

Death, makes me want to live. And not just live, but thrive. Experience. Create. Share. Learn. Grow. So fingers crossed, 2015 is a year of growth.

As a full time stay at mother of 3 beautiful girls, my actions speak very loudly. Louder than I realise. Like my parents have for me, i too have dreams for my kids. As of lately, its become clear to me that my actions do not align with the dreams i have for my girls. 

At the root of it all, I wish for my girls, a fulfilling life of happiness, value, and kindness. My over tired rants and constantly telling the girls to "hurry up!" have created a stressful, on edge vibe in this place we call home.





With every fiber of my being and with the deepest of intentions, i want that to change. This is where this blog and my journal (pictured above) come into play. I am now almost held accountable as soon as I put pen to paper or as soon as a blog post is published. 

I want to look back on 2015 as a year where goals were made and achieved, smiles and laughter replaced the shouting and knee jerk temper tantrums and I find myself again.

A lot of mothers know that story of losing yourself in the daily (and sometimes nightly) grind of being a mum. 2015 is the year of presence. Good presence. 

What better way to start by starting.

Step 1,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...