Saturday, 17 January 2015

Saturday is for sharing (links)

Who else looks forward to the weekend? Hey I like weekends but they really are a little more full on than weekdays, well for me anyways. My kids are still on school holidays and are still looking forward to the weekend. Hoping you (and I) get to find some down time over the next 48 hours.







I'm a new blogger and it doesn't take long to realise that a big part of blogging is reading other blogs. I love to read. I could read all day. I've come across some great posts which I thought I would share with you.

Blogging as therapy - Aby over at You Baby Me Mummy has quickly become an inspiring blogger. She has plenty of helpful, informative, thought provoking posts. This post in particular just sat really close to home. I started blogging as a move to do something for myself that I enjoy doing. I didnt realise it would give me a space to truely express what I'm thinking and feeling and just let it all hang out. Mummys mental health, check.

Cucumber water and its benefits for youThis post by Lysa over at Welcome to my Circus (I love the name!) reminded me how sometimes it only takes something simple like adding cucumbers to your water to really take care of yourself. My physical health hasn't been a priority in the past. I remember when it was, I felt great, my mood was great and I looked great. I had lots of energy and my kids thrived off that. I love cucumber water and its not hard to make. Its all about making that concious effort and choice to do something small for my own benefit. Mummys physical health, check.

The first few weeks at home - Tiarne at Your Mummy Blogger quickly became a must read and a must follow over at her instagram. Hope that doesn't qualify me for stalkerish tendencies. Like her, I had my first baby at 19 and even though people say age is just a number, looking back, having your first at 19 and having your first at 32 are two totally different ball games. I see in her the same wide eyed, enthusiasm towards motherhood that I had at that age. The first few weeks at home with baby are TOUGH to say the least. You have to learn so much in such a small amount of time. Props to you Tiarne.

Whats in a name? - Ana from Hey Mama! posted about the process she and her husband went through when picking names for their children. Three of my close friends had babies within the last few weeks so i asked each mummy how the babies name came about. All mothers had the names picked before the bay was born.
1. I liked how it sounded and what it means
2. She was named after a very close relative who passed away recently
3. I wanted a name that was easy to pronounce, not too common but with a unique spelling.
Ana mentions how her childrens personalities reflect the meanings of their names, as do my children. Funny how that works isnt it?

I have pnd - what next - Postnatal Depression Resource Guide - THIS POST by Kat at Beautwins. Having had PND and AND in the past it can be scary stuff. Especially if mummy is just left to deal with it on her own. I also feel like I can see it in some of my friends and thats when I make sure to ask "how you been hun?". As women we should be there for each other, to build each other up. This post is full of good resources and steps to take to get through this sometimes dark and scary time. And we all know I'm all about steps. Excellent work Kat!

Step 10,

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my post and for your kind words xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to Aby! Such a relatable post, almost as though you wrote it for me. Wishing you an efficient and inspiring week :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Sarah for not only including my post but for the kind words. You made my day!

    Much love,
    Lysa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I've had to restock the cucumbers a few times since reading your post :D *sipping on cucumber water as I type this* have a happy and healthy week Lysa xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...