Thursday, 29 January 2015

Leibster Award - Steps with Sarah

I was nominated for a Leibster award by the fellow Sydney sider and well written Ana at Hey Mama! To me, her blog is "goals" (omg I just tried to use teenage slang, ok ok I'll stop. Sorry.) Engaging content, aesthetically  pleasing, she ticks all the boxes. The Leibster award is such a great idea and I am more than willing to pay it forward. I found a detailed explanation of the origin and rules of the award here.




Here are my answers to Ana's 11 questions.

  1. What is your inspiration behind the name of your blog? I initally treated my blog as a way to document the journey and progress I would make towards my goals in 2015. My goals are based around the need to put myself back on the radar and to take care of and value myself. Each journey really does start with one step, so here we are taking "Steps with Sarah".
  2. How long have you been blogging, and how much time do you invest in your blog? I started blogging on the first of January of this year as part of a new years resolution. I take a few hours each evening to write posts and think of ideas for future posts. I try to post daily which doesn't really mean I can write epic 2000 word posts, but I also spend a lot of time reading blogs as I find that very educational and therapeutic and beneficial to my blog as well.
  3. Is blogging a hobby or a full-time career? Definitely a hobby, though it would be great if this could some how end up as a professional career, but hey one step at a time.
  4. Where do you live? I live in Sydney, Australia.
  5. What is your favourite pastime? Reading. I am a bookworm with no time to read but I have quite a long list of books I would love to read. Oh goodness does that sound incredibly sad?
  6. Favourite place in the world? Back home in Indonesia where all my extended family live. I grew up here but that place always feels like home. I try to go back every 1-2 years.
  7. What is your secret to relaxing and overcoming stress? Ummm... I don't think I have any haha. Well any that work :D. I think if I can just get 5 minutes on my own, that gives me time to just breathe and recuperate. A good cup of coffee in hand always helps. And a good "stare out the window" is always a pleasure. 
  8. Name one guilty pleasure. Make up. Blogging. Chocolate. Oh no thats three!
  9. Do you prefer cats or dogs? Neither, I am not an animal person. Cats seems too smart and dogs are too jumpy.
  10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years I hope to be graduated and working as a librarian hopefully in a university/academic situation. I also hope I'm still blogging, I really do enjoy this. Maybe with a fourth child in tow. Who knows?
  11. What is your ultimate way of spending the weekend? At home with the family doing nothing, or out to brunch with some girlfriends. Surprisingly I don't do those things nearly enough.
I nominate these 11 blogs.

Ummbaby
A life like ours
Life with six kids
Oh so busy mum
How to pronounce motherhood
The Simple Daisy
Something crunchy mummy
Lady wife mumma
Perfect enough for us
Cups of tea and love
For the love of mamas

The list of blogs I would love to share is far too long, but I share my favourite links and posts every Saturday, so check back regularly :)

These are my 11 questions.

1. What is your motivation to blog?
2. Where do you live?
3. What inspires you in your everyday life?
4. Are you a morning or night person?
5. What is one food you could eat everyday for the rest of your life?
6. Do you have any blogging goals or tips to share?
7. What are your hobbies or interests?
8. Favourite movie or book?
9. If you could have dinner with anyone, famous or not, dead or alive, who would it be?
10. What would you wish for if you had three wishes?
11. Any quotes or sayings you live by?

Thank you again Ana! Still so touched! Please check out these bloggers who have so much to offer! And to the nominated bloggers, don't forget to the share the blog love! 

Step 22,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...