Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Gratitude





I've been having a tough week so it has been very easy to over look the many, often simple  things that get taken for granted. This week I am grateful for

My children
If you saw my silent sunday post, I'm was supposedly expecting, however I miscarried the thursday after that post. Going through a miscarriage just changes my perspective on how lucky I am to have the children that I have. Every child really is a miracle. Its almost as though the odds are stacked against you before you have even been concieved so every child, is a true blessing. I mean they go back to school today after a 6 week break and I miss them already, even though they are currently asleep and about to start getting ready for school.

My dad
My brother recently lost his father in law to cancer and my sister in law is going through some tough times. My dad isnt the hugging type. My dad shows his love and care by doing anything he can to help you and advise you. Considering my mother has been through two miscarriages, my dad knew all the terminology and the importance of my rest and recovery. Even willing to take the day off in case i needed to be driven anywhere and even telling me which medication is best for my cramps. My dad really is just always looking out for me the best way he knows how.

Friends who become family
To be honest this pregnancy was a shock, but to the few friends who I have told, I now have to figure out a way to let them know i miscarried. I know some will weep when I tell them. Some will try and make jokes to cheer me up. Someone will try and source my happiness with a plate of food. I just know my friends. When I found out I was expecting my first thought was to doubt my abilities to be a good mother of four. My friends really boosted my confidence with such kind words of support and showing no doubts in my ability to mother four children, I knew I could do it because of them. THATS what friends are for.

My mother

As a mother, I feel as though I will always be in debted to this woman. Its the school holidays and my mother co ordinated her annual leave so she would be able to spend time with the kids and help me. I was without a car and the physical condition to go out and take her around to her favourite cafes and shopping spots. We spent most of her annual leave at home, talking, drinking coffee and just laughing. Though her holiday has been tainted with this tragedy my mother says she wouldnt want to spend it any other way.


My husband
I haven't mentioned my husband much on here. He is a big part of my life. This miscarriage hit him hard. Seeing me so emotionally distraught and in almost the same type of pain as labour, hit him hard. It also prompted him to help out more at home and with the kids. He admits that he could definitely do more around the house, and I will say it has been great not washing dishes all the time.

Take a few minutes out of your busy day to think about the many things in your life that deserve a bit of gratitude. What are you grateful for?


An InLinkz Link-up
Linked up to Enchanted Pixie's 52 Weeks of Gratitude 

Step 21,

5 comments:

  1. so sorry Sarah, I had a miscarriage two years ago and it was heartbreaking, but made me extra grateful to have the kiddos I do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry. Im glad you were able to find gratitude from heartbreak as well xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Having supportive family and friends in your life is most definitely something to be grateful for. Thank you for sharing, and all the best to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words laurel. A good support syrem works wonders. Xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss. It is good to find gratitude for the little things in life and your family is a big help. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...