Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Dear little one.

This is probably silly but I know its necessary.


Dear little one,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry I failed you. I'm sorry I couldnt provide you a safe place to grow, which caused your early departure. I'm sorry I did not behave as a pregnant woman should. I was both nervous and excited at the chance to meet you and be your mother. I'm sorry if you heard mummy and daddy saying things that sounded as though we weren't happy about your presence. I hope you know that you were loved so much by so many people.

Thank you little one, you taught me so much. You taught me to be thankful for everything I have. You taught me that my health is important too. You showed me the true miracle that is life. You brought out family in people who I refered to as friends.

I wish we got to meet. I wish we got to spend sleepless nights and restful days together. I wish you could have woken me at night with kicks in my belly. I wish you warmth and happiness little one, wherever you may be.

Mummy.


The Multitasking Mummy



Step 20,

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you had a miscarriage. It is such a sad time. Don't feel guilty about your emotions that you had while adjusting to the news of your pregnancy. I am confident from the tone of this letter that the short weeks your young one was within you, it nevertheless would have felt love. Good on you for growing from the experience. I believe every little one has a purpose, and every life, no matter how brief has an impact on others. Praying for you and your grieving heart right now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind words Caitlin. I've always believed that children have so much teach us, so hopefully I am always learning and growing xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...