Tuesday, 13 January 2015

5 things I would tell myself if I was 10



They say the days are long, but the years are quick. Or something a long those lines.



My eldest is turning 10 this year. She chooses to write with a pen instead of pencil. She carries a thick novel around wherever we go. She is clearly an introvert. She loves girlie nighties and still loves a good Play-doh session. She's petite and sensitive. She doesn't like to hold my hand anymore and she loves to take her time with her meals.

I want her to know these things that I wish I knew when I was 10

1. There's no rush to grow up, really. Enjoy this lack of responsibility.

2. You won't have the same friends and best friends that you have now forever, just be a good friend and person and yourself and you will be fine

3. Read. Keep reading. Your love for reading is a great thing and will help you in the future

4. You are dads favourite and he sees so much potential in you. Take the lack of praise and encouragement as a bouncing board to be your own cheer squad and pat your own back once in a while

5. Your hair is curly. Learn to deal with it and love it. Don't brush out the curls, enhance them. Make the girls with straight hair jealous.
She's approaching those treacherous years of... Ugh i cant even say the word!! Where things get awkward and things start to change.

The other day she asked me, "Mummy, can we keep playing Play-doh?"

"Yes, of course sweetie. You can play as long as you wish."



Mums' Days


Step 6,

4 comments:

  1. I adore this, what a lovely post. Your daughter sounds adorable too. You are spot on with the whole growing up to quickly stage, enjoy the lack of responsibility as much as possible hey? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback Kat. They grow up way too fast! its such balancing act to just let them be kids and have fun but to also teach them a bit of age appropriate responsibility here and there. Ahhh to be young and care free again just for a moment 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely lovely post - a 10 year old (or at least me as a 10 year old) was in such a hurry to be a grown up. I think these would have been great lessons to hear. Kat is right, your daughter does sound adorable! Don't worry about THAT time, I can tell you'll take it all in your stride! ;)

    Thanks for linking up to #Thelist xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Hannah. I have such an earful of stuff for 10 year old me haha. THAT TIME ahh dont want to think about it, will take it all in and love it all out.

      Have a positive and productive week :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...